Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday Meta Post

A few small items to report today.

Yesterday I published my first post over at Simple Green Frugal Co-op. It was a fairly detailed tutorial on roast chicken dinner & uses for leftovers. I'm flattered to be keeping company over there with some very inspiring writers from all over the globe. Though I have to say there is a little cognitive dissonance when reading about in-season melons from an Australian garden while there's snow on the ground.

In further news, my husband has agreed to be a guest blogger for me here sometime later in the month. Recently he built a fantastic sled out of a $5 pair of thrift shop skis, and I would love for him to share it with my readers. He's promised to write up his project and snap some pictures when his schedule allows. We've already given it a few trial runs, and it's really fun. Stay tuned for his post.

3 comments:

Sadge said...

Cool news about your husband. Mine won't write (just yet, anyway), but he did snap the photos I used in my recent compost-turning post - bringing the camera in and saying, "here's something you can write about." He's slowly getting more into my blogging (but tells friends he doesn't read it - he's already lived through it once, so doesn't need to go through it again).

Anonymous said...

Kate, just read your post at Simple Green Frugal Co-op. You did a great job. They are lucky to have you in the line up. I had never heard of schmaltz, but I'm going to try it the next time I do a chicken. I thought I got everything out of my chicken that I possibly could but now I have one more thing I can squeeze out of that bird. Thanks for the info.

Kate said...

Sadge, my husband remains faintly amused by my blog. I know him well enough to know that if there's anything I can get him to write about, it's a DIY project with clever solutions to problems. This is just such a project.

DiElla, it's very kind of you to say so. Glad I could give you an additional tiny tip on maxing out the value of a roast chicken. You must already be an accomplished frugalite.

Thanks to both of you for stopping by.

-Kate