Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday Meta Post

A few small items to report today.

Yesterday I published my first post over at Simple Green Frugal Co-op. It was a fairly detailed tutorial on roast chicken dinner & uses for leftovers. I'm flattered to be keeping company over there with some very inspiring writers from all over the globe. Though I have to say there is a little cognitive dissonance when reading about in-season melons from an Australian garden while there's snow on the ground.

In further news, my husband has agreed to be a guest blogger for me here sometime later in the month. Recently he built a fantastic sled out of a $5 pair of thrift shop skis, and I would love for him to share it with my readers. He's promised to write up his project and snap some pictures when his schedule allows. We've already given it a few trial runs, and it's really fun. Stay tuned for his post.


Sadge said...

Cool news about your husband. Mine won't write (just yet, anyway), but he did snap the photos I used in my recent compost-turning post - bringing the camera in and saying, "here's something you can write about." He's slowly getting more into my blogging (but tells friends he doesn't read it - he's already lived through it once, so doesn't need to go through it again).

DiElla Fisher said...

Kate, just read your post at Simple Green Frugal Co-op. You did a great job. They are lucky to have you in the line up. I had never heard of schmaltz, but I'm going to try it the next time I do a chicken. I thought I got everything out of my chicken that I possibly could but now I have one more thing I can squeeze out of that bird. Thanks for the info.

Kate said...

Sadge, my husband remains faintly amused by my blog. I know him well enough to know that if there's anything I can get him to write about, it's a DIY project with clever solutions to problems. This is just such a project.

DiElla, it's very kind of you to say so. Glad I could give you an additional tiny tip on maxing out the value of a roast chicken. You must already be an accomplished frugalite.

Thanks to both of you for stopping by.